Injoy, Inc. is hosting a FREE Summer Writing Program for students. These lessons contain ideas for students in PK through high school to write and enjoy fables!
Over the summer, students explore how to create a Fable, with weekly lessons that explore these creative writing elements:
- storytelling: creating a beginning, middle, and end
- how to create interesting characters
- how to make up a plot complete with conflict and resolution
- using dialogue to enhance the plot
- writing an interesting moral to the story
At the end of the summer, students under the age of nineteen can submit their fable to the Fable Contest (contest kicks off August 23, 2013). The top fifty+ fables will be published in an e-book, with prizes for several different age groups for the most interesting fables.
[box_dark]And one of the most exciting parts of our Fable Contest: The e-book will be offered for sale on-line, with proceeds going to help purchase reading and writing materials for school children in Moore, Oklahoma.[/box_dark]
So far, prizes include, but more will be added continually throughout the summer:
- your fable published in an e-book
- 2) $50 gift certificates to Institute for Excellence in Writing
- Fables, Myths, and Fairy Tales Writing Lessons
- 5 $20 gift cards to Mardel Christian and Education
Sign up below to join the Summer Writing Program; students can join all summer long!
(Be sure to click the subscribe button after you enter your contact info):
Shared with friends at: Hip Homeschool Moms,