A book proposal contains several elements:
- Summary of what your book is about, 1-2 paragraphs describing your book
- Genre: what section of a book store would contain your book?
- Audience: who do you see reading your book?
- About the Author: 200-500 words about you
- Platform: who will be purchasing your book, and why, and how will you let people know about your book?
- Books with a similar audience or style
- Expanded Table of Contents for non-fiction books
- Introduction for non-fiction books
- Sample chapters
Submitting a book proposal to a publisher is the first step to having your book accepted for publishing. The publisher reviews the information in the proposal, and if the book looks like a good fit, you may be invited to submit your full manuscript for consideration.
A good way to get your proposal reviewed by Injoy, Inc. is to participate in a writing contest; finalists’ proposals are reviewed as part of the contest. To receive up-to-date information about current contests, be sure to click here and like the Injoy, Inc. Facebook page.